- Yoga is done barefoot. Please remove your shoes and leave them in the changing rooms.
- Please remember to take all your clothes and towels after class.
- Cleanliness is important. Please always shower the day you come to class. Although we sweat and work hard, you should still come to class clean.
- Mats and towels are a must.
- Whether you are walking in or out of the yoga room, close the door behind you.
- Class starts promptly. No late arrivals will be admitted. Yoga is a discipline. Be on time and don’t expect to leave before the 90 minutes are up.
- Please do not talk during or after class.
- Mobiles must be switched off or on silent.
- Come to class hydrated. Do not eat 1 to 2 hours before class.
- Bikram Yoga Athlone is not responsible for any items lost or stolen. You are welcome to take your valuables into class with you.
- Beginners should really opt for the second row. You can keep and eye on those in front of you, it is easier to balance and you can judge your alignment better in the mirror.
- Try not to stand directly in front of another student. Stagger each row.
- If you need to rest during class, kneel down on your towel and drink some water. Please refrain from lying down, you will cool off more quickly kneeling and the teacher will see that you are okay.
- It is important to stay until the end of class. Postures towards the end of the series are designed to cool you down, calm you and complete the class. Even if you feel like leaving, sit down, drink water and you will feel okay in a matter of minutes. Try to do one set of each of the last postures. After a few weeks you will no longer feel like leaving.
- If you have any medical conditions/injuries, please advise the teacher in advance of class.
- Abandon the competitive mind set. Yoga is absolutely non-competitive.
All teachers at Bikram Yoga Athlone have been trained and certified by Bikram Choudhury. If you have any questions, teachers will be available after class.